Tuesday 3 November 2015

GANESH UTSAV - ESSAY COMPETITION (GROUP - A)

WHO IS MY REAL LIFE HERO?


We often think about those who helped improve our lives. Some famous people say that, "some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it." Students of generation hear great things about visionary leaders. These figures have shaped the world around me, however, who has shaped me? I remember the time when my cousin would dress up to resemble my aunt, as well as my other cousins would sit in the same manner as my uncle. At that point, I realized that children always try to imitate their fathers, grandfathers, grandmothers, aunts, uncles and most importantly mothers. Ineluctably I was primarily influenced by my mother.

Heroes abound in present times and many of them are fictional characters. They have been significant in many people childhood and teenager years, but there are also real life heroes who embody the best human qualities and are acknowledged for making the difference. Heroes have lived on borderline between the real world and that of imagination. On one hand we're aware that they are not real because, adults are constantly telling us that heroes only exists in cartoons and movies. On the other hand it seems that they are superheroes because, they make us feel courageous, when confronting adversities.

Another one of beliefs was that, "hard work and knowledge never go the waste," and soon this became my belief as well. I emphasized my academic life because of my mum.

Another aspect of her personality that has influenced me is her passion for her culture. This has seeded the cultural background in me, and now, I have created my own cultural identity that I’m proud of.

Through and through I have seen my mother excel in her field of work by virtue of her hard work and perseverance. These qualities are now imbibed in me. I look at my self as determined, confident, hardworking and a rational person who is ready to take any kind of commitment or challenge. I truly owe this to my mother and rejoice the saying, "Sweet plus sacrifice equals success." I am looking forward to a day when I will be a successful established individual.

Thank you mum and I appreciate you for all this.

So there it is, my real life hero is my mum.


Dikha Sharma
Year 7 
Vunimono Sanatan Dahrm Primary School
Winner of Essay Writing Competiton
(Group A - 1st Prize)

No comments:

Post a Comment