Friday 6 November 2015

ANTI VIRUS



Some twenty years ago, I purchased a miracle box called "computer". It did wonders for me. One can say that I was in love with my computer. It will do all wonders beyond my imagination. My friends and colleagues used to say that this computer is your second wife. You spend more time with your second wife than with your first wife.

One day my second wife got sick. She would not work. I felt sorry for her. I immediately took her to a computer doctor. I was told after examination that she was infected with virus. Now this was something new to me. All this time I only thought that virus hits human body. "But this is a machine, how can virus infect the machine?" I questioned. The doctor must have thought for a while that I am an idiot. But he smiled at me and explained me that a virus in computing language is a specially written file to reduce the efficiency of your computer or in some cases totally blocks functioning of a computer. Virus was cleaned and my computer was back on track and one day it became sick again. This time I was told that your files are fragmented and need to be defragmented.
Now after years of experience, I have learnt to keep update on my antivirus program and keep hard drive defragmented. Now she never gets sick.

Our festivals are like antivirus in our life. Festivals helps us to remove all virus (worry, tension, depression etc) from our life. Living in 21st century is not as simple as it use to be in 19th and 20th century. Today human being is continuously surrounded by technologies. One has to force oneself beyond one's capacity to fulfill one's commitment. Life has become monotonous and boring. Sometime one falls in depression. Festivals cheer you up and blows fresh wind of hope and energy in life.

Deepawali is one of the most auspicious and significant festivals for Hindus all over the world. One can surf with Google search engine to find out various meaning of Deepawali. Most Hindu calendar will consider Deepawali festival from Dhan Teras to Bhai Beej. However, for me, Deepawali festival really begins with Rama Ekadashi till Laabh Panchami. Let us just briefly understand the meaning of each day of the Deepawali festival.

Keep reading this post daily to understand the meaning of each day of Deepawali festival. 

If you want to know more contact me on my email <mnarsey@gmail.com>.

Tell you friends about this post, if you like reading it.

- Manhar Narsey


No comments:

Post a Comment